An art exhibition is nothing without its artists and we were lucky enough to have 74 of them contribute to this year’s annual charity art exhibition; Art with Heart. All artists donate their time and artwork to the event which raises money for local charities, this year’s beneficiary is Tomorrow Man, supported through auspice by Gotcha4Life.
Lots of our incredibly talented artists have supported our event for many years and have become an integral part of the Art with Heart family. We have also had a swag of fabulous new artist contributing this year some of which I have not had the pleasure of meeting personally but they are still so happy to donate their time and creativity to our cause.
I get an overwhelming sense that our artists feel a strong connection to using their creative talents to help make this world a better place and we are so lucky they support Art with Heart and are such a sensational bunch of passionate individuals. Raising money collectively for many good causes over the years we wanted to share with you the benefits their artwork sales have helped our varied beneficiaries achieve. Our Art with Heart artists have helped raise funds to contribute to:
- Getting an additional food van for St Vinnie Soup Vans
- Provide hundreds of free breakfasts to underprivileged primary school children in Melbourne’s northern suburbs who would normally go without breakfast
- Provide hundreds of Swags for the Homeless back pack beds to sleep in.
- Help provide funding for Victoria’s only all Indigenous female high school Worawa
- Provide a whole year of funding to train more biographers for people in Aged Care facilities to write their memoirs
- Provide bicycle education and bicycles to asylum seekers and provide work place training to those challenged by fitting into ‘normal’ society
- Support teenagers in youth detention through workplace training
- Funding support to restore dignity to our asylum seekers
- More dance instructors and dance classes for children with downs syndrome
- A shower and laundry bus for Melbourne’s homeless community.
I would like to thank all of our artists for supporting Art with Heart and give them a shout out and a plug, most have Instagram accounts and/or websites so feel free to take a look at their fabulous work in the links below.
Art with Heart Event Manager
Tarquin Adair Taggetter