Six Tips for Shopping Center Brand Activation.
Westfield London created this brand activation with Lindt Chocolates in the UK. The magic meadow and maze enchanted children and families who engaged with several giant, iconic gold Lindt bunnies and Master Chocolatiers. Designed to drive sales throughout the key Easter period, the activation included point of sale displays and promotional offers and leveraged a partnership with the local Great Ormond Street Hospital.
As shopping center activations go this one ticks all the boxes;
• The brand and product creates the platform for the activation concept, ensuring brand relevance and connection.
• The activation is aimed at kids, who in-turn connect their parents positively to the brand.
• The collaboration of shopping centre, brand and local hospital spreads the load of cost, time and promotion, whilst providing a ‘feel-good factor’.
• The activation concept is unique and remarkable – no tired fairy doing face painting here.
• The remarkability leads to social media sharing.
• The scale of the activation concept fits well within the huge space of the shopping center. Often, even the best planned activation ideas can get lost in the busy space of a shopping center.
Hats-off the the golden bunnies and chocolatiers of Lindt for this very clever brand activation.
David is the founder of Truly Deeply, a brand agency with 25 years experience working with brands to position them for growth. His deep expertise is in the creation of high engagement brands that attract the attention of their audience and stand out from their competitors. David has extensive experience working with corporate, retail, food & beverage and entrepreneurial clients. Find out more here
For monthly updates of our thinking, click here to receive our free Brand Newsletter