The new digital reality for Brand Communications – 60 Seconds on the Net…
Recently a friend emailed me this iconographic of what’s happening every 60 seconds in the online world. The numbers are seriously noteworthy, especially for someone who works in the brand space day-in and day-out. The stand-outs for me:
• 98,000+ tweets per minute. Latest statistics show 20% of tweets relate to brands or products, that’s nearly 20,000 tweets every minute – the question is are they talking about your brand? If-so, do you know what they’re saying? If-not, the big question for you is why aren’t they?
• 13,000+ iPhone downloads. The guys at Apple haven’t created a new phone, they’ve created a new channel for brands to add value to the lives of their market – is your brand one of the many who have yet to develop a brand ap strategy?
• 25+ hours of YouTube video. If video is the new frontier in brand communication, do you have a YouTube Channel for your brand communications yet?
• 1,500+ blog posts per minute. That represents alot of people talking about alot of things. As the internet and blogs in particular become even further ingrained in the selection decision making process of customers and clients for virtually every product and service, how is your brand leveraging this valuable online channel to build your reputation? This is a particularly huge opportunity for professional services firms.
• 695,000+ with Facebook status updates per minute – there are now more Facebook posts than Google inquiries. Facebook has literally become its own communication channel – Nowdays for a brand to not have a Facebook strategy is kind-of like running a business without email.
Tags: Advertising, Brand Agency, Brand Communication, Brand Communications, brand communications agencies Melbourne, Brand Design, brand designer, Brand DNA, Brand Experience, Brand Expression, Brand Identity, brand identity agencies, brand identity designers, brand identity designers Melbourne, Brand Personality, Brand Storytelling, Brand Strategy, Brand Voice, brand-designers-Melbourne, brand-gesture, brandamentalist, Corporate Image, Creative Ideas, Dave Ansett, David Ansett, digital branding, Graphic Design Melbourne, Melbourne brand designers, Melbourne Brand Strategy, Truly Deeply, Visual Language