The Power of a Differentiated Brand Proposition
As an integrated brand agency working with clients to define their differentiated proposition, we work hard to find the X-factor that will put daylight between them and their competitors. Those businesses who can deliver a quantifiably better service or product have the perfect platform on which to build a great brand and a valuable asset. This week I came across a new company in the US who have built their X-factor right into their business – 1-888-WOW1DAY Painting – and their proposition – to paint your house in one day.
WOW1DAY Painting is founded by none-other than Brian Scudamore, founder of the hugely successful 1800-GOT-JUNK franchise in North America, Canada and now in Australia too. Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to meet Brian and a bunch of the GOT-JUNK guys and they undoubtedly understand the business benefits of creating a business based on a truly unique proposition.
What Makes a Unique Brand Proposition?
• It must address a compelling need of the consumer
• It must represent a quantifiable improvement on the current competitive offer; ie. quicker, cheaper, better, greener, more convenient, more efficient or easier to use
• It may connect to a new market trend
• It should be ownable in the minds of the market
• It must be understood by all those in the business tasked with delivering it every day
• It must become part of the way your organization lives and breathes
• It must be clearly and evocatively communicated
Sounds simple enough – and as Brian and the guys at 1-888-WOW1DAY Painting have demonstrated so ably – when you get it right you create a platform for great business success.