Instagram has just published a handbook to help brands inspire and connect with their audiences. The book explores how businesses effectively use Instagram to engage with their communities by bringing “their unique identities and values to life”.
It showcases a handful of brands (such as Patagonia, Disneyland and Nike) that use the app to share captivating imagery to generate awareness and interaction with their respective markets. The book also features Instagram’s brand values and some of the most popular hashtags within the Instagram community.
[vimeo 86331819 w=690 h=388]
While handbook won’t be widely available, much of its content will be published on the Instagram for Business blog. The first installment covers 5 tips to help brands post engaging content.
5 Tips for Brands
1. Be true to your brand: Ensure that your imagery expresses a clearly defined personality and voice.
2. Share experiences: Offer a view into the world or lifestyle that your brand makes possible through the eyes of the people who use your products and services.
3. Find beauty everywhere: Show how your company sees the world and make it meaningful to people.
4. Inspire action: Start a movement around your brand, whether that means inspiring people to capture photos while running like the #runfree campaign from @nikerunning, or to celebrate a delicious yogurt concoction, as @chobani has done with their #creationaday hashtag.
5. Know your audience: Learn what people love about your brand, and explore how can you capture the imagination of new customers.