A recent study for Adobe shows that investing in experience transformation across people, process and technology delivers superior business performance.
Experience-driven businesses (EDBs), as defined by Forrester Consulting, consistently deliver on metrics that align to their revenue growth, customer acquisition, and customer retention goals.
The research shows customer-obsessed brands have the highest median three-year growth in sales and the highest levels of both customer and employee satisfaction. However, less than a third of businesses are truly an EDB.
- EBDs achieved a growth rate of 23 per cent, compared with 13 per cent of other companies surveyed.
- Only 29 per cent of brands in APAC can claim to be an EBD.
- To thrive, Asia Pacific (AP) enterprises must improve experiences across channels throughout the customer life cycle.
- EDBs in AP are more likely to be in retail, financial services, and manufacturing
industries, and they are also more likely to be smaller enterprises with 1,000 to 5,000 employees.
- EDBs in AP are making the required broad investment in CX. And they significantly outperform other firms on a variety of metrics across the entire customer life cycle because of it.
The research was commissioned by Adobe and conducted by Forrester Consulting. The online survey was conducted with 1,269 marketing, advertising, CX, digital, and analytics business leaders at global enterprises.